- Considering doing the Frozen Foot 5k this weekend. Local 5k, probably will have fair competition. But - as the fam is escaping to the mountains skiing, and I am not (this weekend), I am also considering instead (perhaps stupidly) heading all the way to the Springs to join the Incline Club for a few hour run. I have never run with that group and since I have an open window I could and on Pikes Peak. Just seems crazy to drive 2 hours there to run 4 hours there to then drive back home for 2 hours. It might be just as nice to do the 5k and then run up Green instead.
- Today I was pressed for time - really just busy with work. I had an open hour between two meetings that I was hosting. I looked to take advantage to get in 45 minutes of running in - while still getting back to my next session without looking wholly cooked.
- The weather was marvelous. After a mile warm up, I tossed my shirt in the weeds and got to work. 3 x (3-2-1) with 1 minute between the efforts and 2 minutes between sets. I started the session with the climb up Simms. Effort (not pace) was 10k effort, but then drilling it down to 5K effort towards the end. I was turning around on the interval to get back down the hill so that I had more hill to run on the repeat. In the second set, I had crested the steep part of Simms and so I rolled that. In the third, I came back down for the three minute segment, but did the up on the 2 and 1 ... and those last two hurt. The rests were getting really easy there ... :) Mile warm down. This is a good little quick workout with 18 min of quality ... I just need to find to manipulate it so that is all uphill from my office. 6 miles, 41+ minutes.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Thursday 020509 6 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Springs! That sounds interesting.
ReplyDelete