Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday 021909 11 miles

  • Explored a bit today.  I noticed some trails north of 128, dropping back into Rock Creek when I ran out that way a couple of weeks ago.  I got out there a bit to sniff around.  These are some great trails, with plenty of short but pretty steep climbs.  11 miles, 84 minutes, ~1000 feet of gain.  I continue to look for runs that I can make the most of near my home, out my office.  I won't skip the mountains for these runs, but will continue to look to maximize the most of what I got.  This area, about 2.5 miles from the office is a great playground for some good hill repeat work.
  • image
  • The mile section here highlighted in red is a gem.  The road on the bottom is 128 and the one to the far left is Mcaslin.  I am not sure I trust the GPS feature of grade but it lists no less than 5 climbs less then 10 percent grade in this "park" (albeit all relatively short)image 
  • Drew is now added to the blogroll ...

3 comments:

  1. GZ, Coach Magill sounds like an interesting guy. I learned a little about him on his blog .. ..what else do you know about the guy other than he's old(er) and FAST?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the guys I run with (Masters), know him from competiton. Seems like a nice guy. I'd rarely suggest hitting Letsrun but he has posted on that message board under the handle of SoCalPete quite a bit. Look for Masters Training and Racing Threads at the lets run board and then look for posts from SoCalPete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.letsrun.com/forum/process_search.php?search=Magill&search_time=90

    ReplyDelete