Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday 021809 11 miles

  • I woke up and could not take all the hair any more.  So some came off.

P2180114

  • Yet another thoughtful post by Matt Fitzgerald.  This one is right up Lucho's alley regarding what we perceive is hard pace and fatigue.  The post title ..."Fatigue is a choice."
  • Great new blog on the right sidebar now from Master's Ace, Pete Magill.
  • So a few weeks ago, we had Groundhog Day.  On that day, I made a comment to a co-worker about the movie Groundhog Day and how much I liked it.  Someone else, sitting nearby, heard this.  That person, who I have never really talked to, came by today, and introduced herself, told me that she had rented the movie because of my statement, and said ... "so ... I really didn't get it.  What did you like about it?"  I tried to express how I liked it because it represented a person's journey of choices through days, specifically in the movie - the same day over and over again.  "Did you like it?" I asked. Being polite, they would not say they did not like it but I can tell they would not be taking random movie recommendations from me again.  Interesting way to get introduced to someone I guess.
  • Mid day got out for 11 miles, 78:30 minutes.  Winds were picking up on the second half, so I was glad to get 'er done.  There were huge piles of sand piled up on south Simms - blown there from the fields to the west yesterday.   Legs felt good.  Effort was easy through the run, except I decided to have a bit more fun in the last mile and open it up some.  I hit 5:30 pace for a bit, with a last mile split of 6:05.  I am sure the tail wind helped.
  • Pizza making Wednesday night ...
  • Dough in the bread machine P2180115
  • Spinning the dough
  • P2180121
  • JZ takes a spin
  • P2180116
  • Pesto 'za
  • P2180122
  • Hawaiian 'za
  • P2180123

3 comments:

  1. If the background wasn't totally different, I'd say someone had been playing with Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you wear a beanie at least?

    You must really want to break 17 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's the same reason i recently chopped all my hair off... just woke up one morning and was over it.

    Groundhog day is one of my all time favorite movies. Bill Murray is a genius.

    wind sucks.

    ReplyDelete