- AM – dog jog. 3.5 miles. 30 minutes.
- A post from mzungo on Mount Washington. Definitely getting a bit amped for this race. Dreamt about it last night. Okay … I am a little nervous. Maybe a lot nervous. When Rickey Gates told me it was the toughest race he ever ran …well, that put a bit of a shiver in me. Andy A sent me this feedback recently: As far as the race goes the best advice I can give is to try to keep a positive attitude and keep pressing the whole way. It is so steep it is easy to get discouraged so try appreciate the scenery and the effort it takes to run up such a grade. Its going to hurt but have fun! Then I read JJ’s post from last year: I have never had my pulse up that high ever before. My neck was actually sore from my pulse beating so hard. I could still feel it at dinner that night. Crikey …
- Lengthy comment thread on WS100 predictions. Obviously I am picking Mackey but I am surprised at how little play Max King is getting. Yes, I know he has not run a 100 and it is a different game but this guy does have national class elite credentials well above the other runners – and he won the AR50 (post script – later comments posted show that he is injured and hence out).
- PM – mid day, easy. 5.5 miles. Warm. AHR = 147. 44 minutes. Definitely felt the urge to roll today but obviously need to save that for a couple of days.
.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Thursday 061809
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Even Amy Palmiero-Winters (amputee) is racing...and they think she may have a chance to win the thing for the women amazingly!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a strong field at the top - be careful not to overdo it at the front, looks like there will be several people flying off at the gun to get out in front.
GO SURPRISE THEM!
King's injured/out
ReplyDeleteYea King is out.
ReplyDeleteI would have voted for Tony K, but he too is out.
Absent that, I would also pick Dave M if I were a betting person.
Everyone says he is in the best shape of his life, he identified one small section of the WS course where he lost 2 hours to Jurek that year.
He did 7:53 at a very challenging up/down Miwok 100k course. That sure makes breaking Jurek's 15:35 course record look tantalizing possible.
It will be fun to virtually watch...as I eat chips and drink diet coke and wonder why I can't keep up with them.
Thanks for the beta on King.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck Saturday!!!
ReplyDeleteRain and wind at the BRR meet tonight. Dan P wanted to know where George Zack was - "a few years ago George Zack ran the 10K in weather like that and loved it."
ReplyDeleteJustin - solid steeple. A lot of folks think that a steeple is "about" equivalent to a two mile. Nice work.
ReplyDelete