- Legs are “slowly” coming back. I actually was feeling a bit mentally amped to get after it today but stuck to the plan of going easy today so I can get after a Flag TT tomorrow AM. If anyone is interested, I will be doing Flagstaff Road tomorrow morning. I expect to leave the Chautauqua lot at 0530. If I am running well on schedule, I might actually start at Broadway for a longer run up Baseline (so 0515). My legs have been, well …just achy and tired. Not sore but just stiff. Mostly in the calves and ankles. Got out in the rain today. It is a blessing to run in the rain in the summer in Colorado. Well, not always. Not on race day when it means an ice storm above tree line but that is a different story. It was nice today. Got a good download of RCMP and grooved to that.9 miles, 71 minutes, easy. AvHR = 144. A few of the climbs pushed things over 150 but it was all easy. I felt really good post run … things seemed to be “loosening” up.
- Anyone chasing the Lasportiva Mountain Cup series? Since I am already registered for two of the races, I might have to do the Eldora race (just so I get both of the CO races in)
- Garmin Connect appears to be a dud. I start to upload my activities and nothing happens. Ever.
- I am an Alan Culpepper fan. Yeah, he is an incredible athlete but more importantly he is really really a great guy. I remember after he took second in the Bolder Boulder a few years ago a reporter asked him if his training was compromised at all because he was a new father (lacking sleep, etc). Without batting an eye Alan, grinned and stated he loved being a father, and would not have it any other way. Won me over right there. Plus every time I go by the guy he asks “George Zack – how you doing?” This includes one time when I was out running easy in Louisville and he came driving by and leaned out of his car window to say hello. That would be like shooting hoops and Michael Jordan leaning out the window as he drove by the court to say hello. I am sort of blown away by this. I meet folks all the time and have come to expect that they MIGHT remember my name. Alan not only remembers me but asks me every time about my training, if I am doing Pikes again. That level of “remembrance” is a pretty rare trait in most folks … definitely not one that I expect from a guy who interacts with as many people as he does.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Tuesday 060209
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great interview, thanks for posting. Maybe you could go do your own interview with him? That would be pretty cool...
ReplyDeleteyeah ... I have thought about the radio show podcast on several fronts but I just don't have the time.
ReplyDeleteGZ, agreed on the Alan thing. I have been getting a little anal about buying my shoes at his shop. Great service, decent selection. I am up to two pairs there already. My wife is also running with his training group (coached by Erin Watson).
ReplyDeleteI had the same problem with Garmin Connect. I think the problem is that you probably have a ton of data on your unit. I would let it sit for awhile. Eventually mine uploaded. I kind of like the site, easy to use, good elevation and split data with map integration. Plus, your data is not tied to a single pc.
Chris - I guess I will let the GC run over night at some point.
ReplyDelete