- Link love morning … initial results are up from yesterday (M, F), along with a CoS Gazette article. Caitlyn S’ report. Some Mountain Running press …
- From Leadville Trail Marathon (a race I like to do, particularly since Brandon states it is “harder than Pikes” and it goes up to one of my favorite high mountain passes I troll) – Brandon’s report (lots in here, I still need to watch the vid), Anton’s report, Paul Dewitt’s report.
- … I am a little sore this AM. Mostly from the rookie mistake I made yesterday by not lubing up the various friction parts with Vaseline - so I am chaffed. Crikey. Easy six miles, AvHR=139, max=147. Very easy with little regard to pace - just wanted to shake out the cobwebs. Listening: Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers (I often get recent live shows (free) that have been posted on line). Wearing the Skins today.
- Mid day – easy five with SM, DB. AvHR=142, max HR =151 (same story)
Monday, July 13, 2009
Monday 071309
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice job at Barr Trail. Funny how some of the performances can come from races with no or low expectations.
ReplyDeleteI know you love GPS elevation so PPM was 8900 last year for me. Leadville was 6700. Given the same method of measurement -- big difference. But Leadville seemed harder because of how it throws ups and downs at you vs. Pikes where you go in up mode 100% before shifting to down mode 100%. I don't know. Probably depends how you train. I wore my Pikes jacket to the awards dinner and had a dozen people ask and/or comment on the comparison. All agreed (including Tony) that Leadville was tougher -- but they just ran it that day so that is sort of biased!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kevin - totally agree. I have observed this riddle quite a bit over the years. Best races seem to come on the lowest expectations ... best performances come with the slower starts (using the least amount of energy when you have the most).
ReplyDeleteBrandon - PPM is 7800 (definitely not 8900). And hell, I have run flat 800 meters that seem harder than Pikes at times. :) Nonetheless, it is now on the list (but I love BTMR a lot).
GZ - nice meeting you yesterday and congrats on a good run. I'm just glad I finished as that heat on the descent almost did me in.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the race. Nice to see the hard work paying off.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Roger Clyne live link... I've been a fan for a number of years
Matt - hey, you got to give away what you want to receive ...;)
ReplyDeleteJay - tell me you got the clock!