Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday 072209

  • Lots going on, lots of things I want to cross post but … LIFE … for example
    • I have had an excellent exchange with John G and a conversation with Phil M regarding TSS – I have some research to do on this before I post a summary, 
    • HR training with Matt,
    • BG’s Vineman,
    • JM’s racing and chainsaw adventures,
    • good stuff on Magill’s blog ,
    • shoe offer from Nick– (and as he says …I started this blog primarily as a means of keeping track of my training and racing activities. I decided to put it in the public domain to add an extra element of peer accountability to my running. I've since found that writing full race reports and weekly training summaries has helped me tremendously in reflecting on what I am and am not doing right or wrong in racing and training. Whether or not people read what I write has largely been a secondary concern.
    • Go

      od link from JM re: the Cheyene Canon mountain race …

  • I had considered getting up early this AM and getting in a longer building run, but when we landed at the Rockies game last night and I was almost falling asleep at the seventh inning stretch – I knew I had to defer to a good night of sleep. I slept in (7:20 when TZ woke me up). I needed it. Paid the penalty of running in the heat later in the day.  11+ miles, average HR 143.  HR did not even crack 140 for the first 2.5 miles of this run – despite the pace being typical with the guys at work, and some fairly warm temps.  It felt real easy too … almost floating like … as if the heat was not an issue anymore.
  • Will look to do the mid week longish run tomorrow AM.

6 comments:

  1. Links! Is that all on Magill's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/read_new/sunday%E2%80%99s-cheyenne-ca%C3%B1-mountain-race-attracts-top-athletes

    No mention of Simon G, Bernie, Wells, or Batliner. Delaney, an OT marathoner, was well off the pace I recall at Teva 10K. I would think that Russell and Manning, both who did well at Mt. Wash, will be in the field.

    I'm sure there are several contenders not mentioned, but think Nichols could be the dark horse to take it.

    Women's side very loaded. Lundy and Erholtz 1-2, unsure of order. Kimmel close 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am pretty sure extra sleep is the right call 99% of the time. good choice.

    what's going on with the rockies? they are killing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of hard for me to call Nichols a dark horse after second at the BTMR. Wells, Batliner - if racing will be forces to be reckoned with.

    Only two spots up for grabs there ... and then the one at large. I suspect the at large goes to Mr. Gates, given he was just out of the running at Cranmore and his sub 60 at Mt Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockies were not killing it last night. Lost to the dreaded D-backs 6-5.

    The pitching from Marquis, Jimenez and Cook has been solid ... plus the bats have been decent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news on the heat/HR.
    You're getting fit.

    ReplyDelete