Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thursday 070209

P7020089Up in Fairplay as of last night.  Seem to be recovering well from yesterday’s effort.  In the AM with the dogs … 4 miles up, starting at 10000+ feet, going up to 112xx.  Slow.  Almost 43 minutes.  I averaged under 150 (146), but there were sections where I'd look down BE WALKING and the HR was 150+.  This was simply a combination of elevation, grade, pace … (and fitness) …

It was like my HR was super sensitive - which I'd expect it to be at that elevation on a run at an up grade.  My experience has been that the last couple weeks, I have become attuned to when it gets to P7020088147-8 and I can slow up a bit to bring it back quickly with a change of pace.  That was not as viable this time - by the time it got to 148, it was - even at a slow down at that point, on a roll to 150+.

The run down was about 7:40 pace at 140.  Not zippy for a down, but again, the altitude must be a factor. 

 

 

 


  

... I measured my heart in bed when waking up and I had it 46, which is a little higher than down at home.  I expected that.  But when I was sitting waiting for the satellites to synch with the GPS/Garmin ... the HR monitor read me as low as 39.  I have NEVER seen it that low.  I think my lowest before was 42 down in the flats.P7020084


 

 

 











image












in the PM, 4 easy … AvHR 135.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain/frustration/bewilderment/whatever you want to call the corresponding HR to certain runs. I've walked up a hill (HR 140 --great I'm in my zone!). I also hear you on the idea that an upcoming race means you're kinda softening the cap a little on HR. I remember Lucho telling me last year (and saying again this year regarding its benefits) to train right through a race. That may mean very little race specificity training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, I remember those days :) 11ooo ft though is serious. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete