Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday 101609

I contemplated getting out for a second run last night but bagged it.  I got as far as lacing the shoes but then decided to go to bed instead.  I was tired, my stomach hurt, I was a weapon of mass destruction via being a biohazard to my family and I was unmotivated.   Got a good night sleep though. 

Up early, I got out after a cup of coffee.  I should have realized that I was a touch under dressed when I saw folks walking in winter parkas, but I went with the t-shirt and shorts anyway.  The hands / arms were numb by the end of this run.  6 miles. 

Oh yeah, given none of the streams, creeks, canals or culverts have names around here, I have taken Lucho’s suggestion that I name them myself.  There happens to be a small culvert just east of the baseball field near Broomfield High.  I have decided to name this BIG ASS MUTANT MUTHAFRACKING RACOON GULCH.  This is because that is exactly what comes FLYING out of the gulch at the wee hours of the morning while you are jogging in the dark.  I can guarantee this is more effective in waking you up than any cup of coffee.

 



Mid day – did an easy four with SM at work at 8:30 pace and then continued on for another six at 7:30-8 minute pace.  Felt good, easy.

6 comments:

  1. That so strange...the ditch by my house has that exact same name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One big arse underground city I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should get a job with the U.S. Board on Geographic Place Names. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAMMR Gulch... has a nice sound to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd turn that in to the USGS map makers for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone made a note to me that it could be worse if it were skunks.

    ReplyDelete