Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday 101509

AM – four miles around concrete paths in Boulder.  Pressed for time.  Well, not so much if I did not sleep in but … anyway – I have become convinced that I have been spoiled by some of the flexibility of my current job.  Sure, I gripe when some one cancels an appointment that I thought I had to be in the office for – but this is better than what I have dealt with for the past two days.  I think the words I hate to hear the most are:  “let’s take a working lunch, it has been catered in.”    It means food is there, and I don’t get out for my run.  Blah.  Yeah, whining I know.



Good post on “slumps.”  Good stuff on mental training too (thanks Homie)

The word is getting out that the NF50 ought to be a show down between Krupicka, Carpenter and Steidl,

7 comments:

  1. Yeehaw...that's going to be a solid race. Not sure where word is out at because I don't see any of those guys on the start list.

    Got to give the nod to the defending champ.

    Tony must be rounding back into shape pretty quickly after the time off.

    I'd like to see Lucho jump in it too. If his 50 in Bama goes well, which I think it well, might as well. Racing against the best with $10K on the line?

    Got to throw Mackey into the mix too. Living out there, racing a 50 last weekend, hard to believe that he won't be on the start line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Somebody** seems to have changed the privacy on their training log so "we" can't get the skinny anymore. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I'll put 100 on an old guy. letter rip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Roes supposed to be running too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brandon - while I saw it posted there I have heard it via other folks as well ... so I thought it might be out there. Certainly Matt has not openly declared but I am pretty certain he'd be in the mix to defend. I am also expecting Uli - but not have heard an open declaration there. Nick - had not about Geoff, but keeps it interesting. Got to wonder if Skaggs will show up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take Tony to win, and am rooting for underdog Alex Nichols to sneak into the top 5.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nichols racing the 50 - wow, getting to be a deep field. I'd put him out of the top 5 though just because it'd be a debut 50 (as far as I know).

    Can't believe that Erik Skaggs would be ready to race again yet, but Kyle would be the sentimental underdog with that $ on the line.

    And if Tim Parr can catch a ride back from the Grand Canyon and get some training in, hopefully we can count on him being there too.

    ReplyDelete