Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday 022811

Registered for the Khol 5k and the CP50 last night.  How’s that for diversity?

This AM, these reads of interest:  a new exercise program that is sure to “work,” a driver mowing down cyclists in Brazil, SOS weighing in on supplements, another BJE podcast.

PM – whilst JZ had ball practice (indoors at this point) – 10 miles.  Easy but felt really good.  Sometimes I am easy an I don’t want to go any quicker.  Today was easy and I felt like I could jump at it if I wanted to.

February = 285 miles, 41.5 hours, 16580 vertical
2011 = 613 miles , 91.75 hours, and 56.6 k vertical.

10 comments:

  1. Is this your first 50? I know the R2R2R is pretty darn close...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 50 miler is nothing really but a 5k with a 75k warmup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to look at it as a 75k cool down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might see you at Kohl's.

    And be sure to join us at Eddyline after CP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the SOS link. That site always has good info (can be depressing with regard to doping at times).

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  6. About time you signed up for CP. Will see you donw there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brownie - I think there is another 5k in Broomfield the day after the Kohl race if you are interested.

    Darren - the SOS guys are great but I have given up on the entire doping thing. It is just so ridiculously sad, and I can't keep up that I just ... don't keep up.

    Jaime - that field is getting pretty strong! I am expecting to get my arse handed to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll do both 5K's if we do your "door to Bear and back" run in between.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @GZ - They don't even run up a CP! Ask for your money back.

    @Brownie - Don't be come'n up to these parts. I might have to throw down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breakfast at my place for anyone coming down. Or up. Or over. You two are probably the closest you have been to taking this old man down. Pull up the big boy pants and show up.

    Brownie - I was wrong on this being the same weekend as the Frank Shorter 5k. That is a couple of weeks earlier.

    ReplyDelete