The battle for bikes on the West TSA rages on.
Reading through with this … train wreck.
NY Empire State Building climb write up.
I got home later than usual last night, and the brain was already contemplating another session on the mill. It would have felt good, just to unwind a bit from the day’s meetings. But I took a different route and beat on the guitar instead for a bit. I guess I need to consider this some.
Mid day – 6 miles on the mill, flat. Tendon feels okay. Not great. I can feel it. Feels like it was kicked or something last week. At this point, I am debating if I will be able to race on it on Saturday or Sunday. I am sure I can run on it. I am just not sure how hard it can go. That is a bummer – as heading to another state to race and NOT race will be a total mind **** … Clearly running on it slowly and up is less stressful than faster and flat.
PM - 6 miles on mill at 6.5%. Easy.
I find hammering The Pogues, Billy Bragg or The Ramones on the guitar is 'almost' as good as a trail run to clear the head.
ReplyDeleteDamn it Derrick. Now I wish you were here or I were there because there would be some jammin' occurring. And maybe a band man.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of ax you playing?
Actually, I was just given a cheap acoustic guitar...so just learning. Fun though.
ReplyDeleteI dabble in mandolin, fiddle, banjo, whistle...mostly Irish folk/punk stuff. Good fun. Always wanted to play with others, but never really had the opportunity. I just play basic stuff by ear, but enjoy it.
Awesome.
ReplyDeleteJust finished reading that Landis article. Wow.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting the link.
Did you read Simeoni's response on Today's cyclingnews.com?
Simeoni: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/simeoni-welcomes-landis-account-of-2004-tour-de-france
ReplyDeleteThe Armstrong thing is wacked.
ReplyDeleteI won't be at the xterra event, but would love to grab a beer if you're interested.
Let me know.
Sorry to hear about the injury. Bummer.
Mike, Matt - my head is spinning post reading all that stuff. Holy crap ...
ReplyDeleteI remember watching the tour the day he chased down Simeoni, who was one of many who had begun to grumble about Armstrong's drug use.
ReplyDeleteThe way Phil, Paul, Bob and Troutwig (the best/worst name ever aka fish head) talked about it was in terms of Armstrong being the leader of the tour, El Patron, the Godfather which seemed to attempt to justify his behavior (tracking down the dissident Simeoni).
Wow! That's some of the craziest shit I ever read. What a mess.
ReplyDelete