Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday 111511

I might have a 5k for T-day, but it might be one I run with the kiddoze.

Evening … wrapped up at the office at 5PM and had to be at the corporate weenie dinner (which was cool because I was dining with folks from the other side of the planet) at 6:30 (which was 10 minutes away).  Slipped in an easy but steady seven while listening to the Lucho podcast (which was great.  I think Tawnee and Lucho have found a good cadence).  Got to the restaurant at 6:31 as we were being seated.

I am finding that I am trying (but not really trying) to keep the pace of these shorter runs a bit more steady – and that feels good, and appropriately aligned with the 5k/10k thinking I have at the moment.  Generally, I feel I will do the non specifical work of the 5k, 10k stuff thiis winter (with the general exception of a fun long run like a Fat Ass event).  As next year unfolds, I will build on that.  I am not sure even close to sure as to  what my travel schedule will be next year, so I am not ready to commit to any specific events.  In any case, if you were looking at my training from a periodization point, this next couple of months will be around getting some turn over back.

Oh yeah, I could feel a little soreness in my legs on this run – which was awesome.  It meant that doing the hard strides I did the day before had some effect.

5 comments:

  1. See you at the Turkey Trot, we are all running it too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, 2 of us are running it and 2 are just along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cart is an unfair advantage for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking the missus and I might do this as well. Don't think I'll shot for a PR though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am out. Up in the mountains. Have a good run Rob!

    ReplyDelete