North Face 50 is gonna be a barn burner this weekend.
I stepped out this AM and caught part of the sunrise. It was rather spectacular.
I noticed my Blackberry camera had its flash on so I turned it off. The pix suddenly got really interesting. I guess I really live in Gotham. Or maybe I have actually now seen the so called Green Flash.
Mid day – pressed for time between meetings at the office. 2.5 mile warm up, 6 x a half mile (a bit longer than 800 mind you) with a quarter mile recovery. 3:05, 2:57, 2:56, 2:53, 2:56, 2:47. Max HR seen was 178 (sort of wondering what that is these days as I have taken to putting the monitor back on, and I suspect it has declined a bit). Not a great workout, but it was what I had today. I sort of did this workout a few weeks ago with Bob on the track – when I did 4 800s after a 5k at just under six minute pace. So that was a lot better. Sure – that was the track, etc, but the key take away is that my key workouts are a lot better when I am running with someone. I guess I get lonely. 7 miles on this run.
That said, I am fighting something for sure, or I am at least a bit in a hole. My lip cracked today, which has historically been a sign that something is a bit jacked inside.
Cool photos!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! Is the green one modified at all? Colorado mornings/evenings can be insane!
ReplyDeleteNo mods ... just what the camera did.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny... I shot another video blog post today and it starts with the same sunrise. It was spectacular.
ReplyDelete71 uphill at 8500 feet? Screw you.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the sunrise this morning was amazing. Longs Peak was orange (looking at it from 6,200 feet in Parker). I also love sunsets in Denver where the mountains are black and the sky is orange. The contrast between the orange and black is breath-taking.
ReplyDeleteWyatt
Meh, it was only 6 of them. Averaged 72" though... the fitness is coming. Not sure I've been this strong in any November ever.
ReplyDelete