Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday 111311

Got home mid day post the Turkey Dutch Oven cookout and was a bit fried.  Then headed off to KZ’s last soccer game of the year (outdoor) and was very cognizant of the wind playing with my head.  Decided on the way home to take advantage of the gerbil machine in the garage.  10.5 miles, with 6 x 5 minutes on 2 minutes rest. 

Once I got going, and my head clear, it was a very good and enjoyable run.  Kept it at 0% grade to help with turnover, but I am increasingly convinced the damn thing just lies to me about pace.  I just need to consider it like an indoor bike trainer and consider time based work on it.

A little less volume in terms of miles, but a few handfuls more of minutes.  Got back to a bit of vertical this week with over 5k.  A friend advised me that I need to get a goal soon or I will fall into the habit game of just doing my 10 a day thing (they are right).  It has been a month since the hundred and I can say I feel pretty normal again – and that was evidenced with the track work this week, and the nudge in the vertical. 

The next week will probably be a bit of a challenge judging by the work calendar.  Short and sweet might be the order.

8 comments:

  1. I offered sn option for s rsce.
    I spilled sn entire cup of coffee on my key bosrd snd the s button doesn't work. Well, the s button works but the first letter in the slphsbet key doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about the s race. I meant to write you back. Just getting back into town. I like the idea actually ... just need to see if it conflicts with the kidoze spring break. If it does, I am probably out of the mix.

    Got a blow dryer? Try that on that A key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on the gerbil mschine. I guess you csn use a hesrt rste monitor on the tresmill to gusge effort instesd of psce or grsde and count your csdence if you sre concernded about thst kind of dsts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the tready might be lying to you. Daniels has a good calibration protocol in the running formula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad someone else thinks that treadmill pace readouts are inaccurate. Ever time I use one at our local gym I think to myself - I know I am slow, but I am not that slow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Rick. That must have been tough to type. Now Im on the iphone... keyboard is fhckt. G- it would be a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yah - as in this: http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?node=289818&rd=1

    ReplyDelete