Up in Fairplay for last night and today. Stayed in the cabin and got out this AM. Picked up the foot trail that the Fairplay Pack Burro Race uses (picking it up near route 9 near Platte River Drive). I followed the route up, refamiliarizing it my head and some of the goofy turns.
Once I got up a bit, I was surprised to see no snow down at the “Y” cut off to Mosquito and so here I went to the LEFT, heading up to American Flats (rather than around London Mountain to Mosquito Pass). I got to about 11.7K and decided I had enough distance, had used up enough time, was low enough on water and did not want to battle snow that I turned back. I pushed the down a bit but certainly was not flying. My legs were appropriately thumped by the time I got back to Rte 9. Cut back up to the house through Glacier Ridge. 19.3 miles. Was pretty well cooked on those last climbs back to the house.
All above 10k, so that was part of the fun – getting that feeling back.
71.7 on the week on six days. 7040 of climbing on the week, and just shy of 11 hours. Not a bad week considering the Scout Camp and then the evacuation dance.
This is a pretty quick Masters 5k. Dang.
Leadville types will probably find this pretty interesting (new route section).
No comments:
Post a Comment