Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday 072013

Got in late (0130?) and then did not get to sleep for a bit.  So I was up late (real late for me, 2030).  Then puttered around the house catching up with everyone and various chores.

The family made a trek to Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse this week while I was up in Vancouver.

IMG_4598IMG_4605IMG_4638IMG_4644 IMG_4649IMG_4654 IMG_4658IMG_4684 IMG_4673 
IMG_4725IMG_4775IMG_4837IMG_4858 IMG_4862
JZ recently worked on his horsemanship merit badge.  I crack up at the horse labeling.
IMG_4536IMG_4542 IMG_4574

Digging some recent posts on HR, including JTs (and his pacer Shad) and FastEddy’s (and a nice subsequent tribute post).

Best watch commercial ever?  Or jeans or whatever.  Honnold is a freak.  I’d be freaked just walking some of the edges that are not even edges.

Two very good 1500 meter races.  Pretty wild for Cram to call the race that his national record gets broken in.

The Garmin 305 might be officially done.  I can’t get it to even power up today despite a variety of attempts to reset it.  Ah well.

Steady in the afternoon.  Tried to go a little later so that I got some of the afternoon clouds.  I got some clouds but I also got hailed on a bit … when it was sunny (which was sort of cool).  11.2 miles according to Strava on the phone but I can’t get that gd file to upload.  Took me a bit to shake off the travel cobwebs, so I went a bit longer than I had planned but then progressed up a bit for 5 miles. 

About a month ago I start “Game of Thrones” (the book, not the movie).  I have had a tough go with a lot of fiction in the last few years, and my mother in law brought it by.  She was not too keen on it, saying she stopped on it after a bit.  I figured I’d give it a shot, just as some brain candy and something to flip through before going to bed.  Initially I also was not so big on it:  somewhat more fantasy than I was in the mood for and a crap ton of characters.  But I have warmed up to it a lot and have to say Martin does some good stuff in there (of course, maybe that is bound to happen over 800 pages somewhere?).

I heard about this but JT pointed it out to me:  The National Scout Jambo put a limit on BMI because of the physical nature of that trip.  Basically if you were obese, you either had to get a doc note or if really obese you could not go.  I have no issue with this.  And I’d be willing to bet that while this did keep some Scouts from going, it blocked more adult leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment