This is my kind of taper workout.
Modified 3-2-1 up on the Gross Dam Road with Lucho biking near me. The road varies in grade (from slight down to some brief sections at 15 percent grade). All super runable though. Each segment ended up averaging about 6-7%.
Lucho’s beard is getting to a point where it will become sentient soon.
Actually I am not running there and he is not biking, we are both doing interpretive dance.
Good workout. A slight bit soggy in the legs still from Sunday but not largely impactful. Stomach was a bit sour throughout the run. Got a bit more rest before the 2 up because the train was coming down (which is just amazing to see). Great to have Lucho out there, as it kept me a bit more on task (in the second one in particular), and his company is just enjoyable. Happy that I was able to progress the work through the run to slightly faster paces. 12.2 miles with 2120 of climb.
Strava does not seem to have a segment for that 3 mile section of road. My 26:13 up is certainly no record, as Lucho was saying he has held sub sixes on it. Jeez. Maybe that kid studying for the bar can break out of his cabin and do it more quickly.
End of July stats: July finishes out with 342.2 miles (highest mile for the year yet, a whole mile and change over June!), 52.5 hours (also slightly more than the previous highest in June … burro runs help I guess), and 34865 feet (again, a touch over June, second highest month on the year only superseded by a 12 Green January. The year sits at 2209.1 miles, 321.2 hours, and 196905 feet. Current annual averages are 10.56 hours a week and 72.6 miles a week. Sitting at 44 Greens on the year.
That max HR 180 on the last mile... good stuff. I was pretty much maxed out and sucking old pennies trying to stay ahead. You ran smart and strong!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the help today. I am still abuzz about you nailing that in sub 18.
DeletePretty sure that sub 18 was just up top on the rolling road. My log book needed a bit better description than just "gross". ~23:03 is the time that I can find to verify for sure.
ReplyDeleteThat photo... It's like some lost footage from Deliverance that ended up on the editing room floor... All it needs is banjo music! :) Great numbers for July man...
ReplyDeleteyeah, we are starting our own band.
DeleteLooking at your outfit, I now see why the burro community has not fully welcomed you.
ReplyDeleteha! good point. Then again, I did not race in that.
Delete