All my GPS devices are acting wonky today so I had to figure out today’s run length and vert off a combination of things I have done before, and mapmyrun. Not a big deal, but I was both amused and annoyed at how reliant I am on these toys and my reaction of the world not being right in having them not working wonderfully like they typically do.
Of course, the body doesn’t care. A hamstring has no knowledge that I ran 18.2 miles, Green twice up and down via the middle route, and then up and down the Enchanted Mesa. My brain cares because I want to have the numbers to crunch, but even if they are not there, the run was.
I was feeling particularly “left footed” today. I use this term when I am feeling less than sure footed, tired, and just off. As a result, I am much more likely to take a spill … I lift my feet less, take odd steps and generally go about like I have two left feet. After getting through the first lap unscathed from any falls – but realizing how slow I had been, I contemplated just running down into Boulder. But I had committed to meet JV for my second lap. I warned him that I’d be dragging him but he seemed okay with it.
It has been a bit since I have seen Jeff so it was great to catch up with him (it always is) … parenting, work, Pikes, running, cycling, getting older, shoes, Hardrock, Homie, and machines that turn sweat into drinking water. The hill just flies by. Well, I took two minor spills but it still went quick.
I tacked on a bit to round out the miles and time, but the whole run I felt a bit wonky. Was it a hangover from being at sea level? The steak I had last night? The skipping of a beer with dinner? A basic bonk? A bit too much yesterday? The early start? I dunno.
Green’s 43 and 44 on the year. 72 miles on the week, 6100 + feet (ah, Vancouver), and about 11 hours.
This is pretty awesome looking:
I am sure it would crush me. Honestly it is the only time I have seen KJ pressed, and kicking at the finish (versus his typical turn around finish).
The wonders of photoshop in our media. (hat tip to LL)
I recognize Gray, Randall, and Nichols on the USMRT, but I can't find results yet.
Wow, Kilian has leg speed. Nice to see him respond under pressure. He also kicked to win the Vertical K a couple days ago.
ReplyDeleteResults: http://www.coolrunning.com/results/13/nh/Jul21_USAMou_set1.shtml
ReplyDeleteFYI, still really liking my Garmin 310XT (current version is the 910XT). I killed my 405 with sweat; corroded the contacts and it just went haywire. The water-resistant models will hopefully not have that problem. Plus, the 910 also has that Dick Tracy 2-Way Wrist TV look we know and love.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking more along the lines of Linda Carter as Wonder Woman and her wrist bracelets that stopped bullets.
DeleteAwesome video GZ. Watching that race puts things in perspective for sure.
ReplyDeleteApparently he can actually run!
Delete