Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday 082413 Time Trialin’ with the kids

KZ’s XC team had a 3k time trial over at the Commons this AM to establish who the varsity 7 would be for a meet next week.  I headed over, watched the runs.   The fastest kid for Broomfield went 10:07 on the route, which were mostly flat loops on cinder.. After most cleared out, I felt compelled to take a crack at it.  I took a little wrong turn on the first loop, and corrected but it brought me to 1.96 miles -- a bit longer than 3k.  11:18 for the section or about 5:4x miles.  Definitely felt some of the left over fatigue in the legs from the marathon, but I never was really diggin’ too deep.  Did 8 x 30 second strides 1with 1 minute rest afterwards, really just trying to get that feeling of running fast while the legs were a bit tired, teaching some faster turnover.  10.2 miles on the day.  Nice little test.  I think I am going to try to do something like this for the next 3, 4 weeks.  Guess I ought to if I am going to have a chance against junior.

Good to get out last night with TZ and catch up with a few folks over at the local brewery, Big Choice.  The zingers were all fun, except the ones that had it where folks told me how Lucho was convinced I was gonna kill it.  

Kicking around a little trip to my alma mater, UCONN, for a run study.  It includes muscle biopsies which I am not a huge fan of.  That  and my general apprehension to non business travel for personal reasons … not sure if I will do it.

Huge props to Scooter and his FKT.  Guy is a brick.

KZ and I did a quick grab of the Green summit from the back (West Green Ridge).  We hit some weather that was a bit sketchy on the way back, but it was a fun quick trip.  2.6 miles.
IMG_5159

No comments:

Post a Comment