Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday 030414

All the needles are broke so I drive by feel.
It keeps my wheels turning and reminds me that it's real

I used to care like you but now I don't give a damn... 

My term on the Broomfield OSTAC ended.  Just found out that local fellow runner Hawaiian Shirt Ray got appointed.  Good to see the empty seat filled by another guy who is a local runner!

200 guys go sub 66 in Japan.  And 529 sub 70.  In one race.   It is impressive, and it is a record.   I suspect however if the structure-culture-whatever was right-different-tweaked in the US, we could get twice that many to do that, as that talent and set of dudes are there now.  Keep in mind this is a college level race.  Think about if we did that in US.  It is either that or as is shown in the video,  that the secret to getting this done is clear in that video:  short racing shorts.

Bunch of pix up from the Bal Swan Ball up on the Enterprise.  Here are a couple.  This is a guitar signed by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.  It was a pretty crappy guitar though.

image
image
TZ and I are dancing in the background of this one.
image

One of those days where things just got half done. Went to get KZ’s letter jacket (which was late because of a delay in the coat shipment).  It was not ready because the letter is not on it (looks great otherwise).  Went to get my oil changed and a brake recall issue taken care of and they did not change the oil.  I was done with waiting and just let it slide.  During the car maintenance I went for a jog on a ridiculously gorgeous day.  I stripped off the shirt in the 60 degree plus temps.  But of course, I felt like crap.  My legs are letting me know how they feel about the sudden jump in load.  Sure, it is a load that used to be typical, but it has not been typical for a bit.  10 miles slogging on the “Greenbelt Trail.” (and taking work calls, emails).

IMG_1551

Where will Kara Goucher sign?  (pretty fun).

The boy might camp this weekend.  Or not.  If not, I am hoping to go check this out with TZ.

Came across this good nugget today … Summer Of Malmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment