I did a FB check later in the afternoon, and I enjoyed seeing people fired up for registering for the race, or the double, or even registering for the race for the first time. I am fairly confident that I botched some field entry that will mean I get rejected from the race. If that is the case, I think I will look to beg to pace Bob at Leadville (pic source, Irunfar).
![[Picture+6.png]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgHEpFuo7VHlRPpe67-WReq4cBspgvIWgIim5EfiHFTxK-oIFVZLBZ4361PnuNI7fHYZcFjhYgnjHmCmxH9xc0ZemNYi_z1ilbAxE13KlSndukSqo_EzPnll4pGLuq2mInTWBUnmxX2SYIg/s1600/Picture+6.png)
I am digging Buckethead as of late. That video is whacked.
One time roommate at XC nats gets inducted into the Colorado Hall of Fame. Coincidence? I think not. Of course he did not win the race that year. More seriously, interesting stuff on his knee surgery from a couple of years ago.
Interesting web time line recapping the last 25 years.
Afternoon – 11.5. Picked up the second half plus a bit over the first half. Felt fun on several fronts (weather, ease of pace and how it came, the views).
Missing a race because you can't fill out the entry form is a pretty lame excuse...
ReplyDeleteLooks like I made the confirmed list. I don't see yer name up there yet though ...
DeleteI decided it was too close to TdG. Figure I should save my downhill legs for the 74k of vertical.
DeleteSeriously? You are doing that? That is essentially like HR twice?
DeleteI have already paid the 450Euro (ouch!) entry fee, so that is the plan. I guess it is sort of like HR twice...though a bit more vertical ;-)
DeleteToday is always a sad day for me when I am not registering. The race has been on my mind all day. I will be back!
ReplyDeleteJim - as I think you will be out here in June let's see if we can line up a trip on the hill that day.
Delete