As always, a great weekly wrap by Mock. Folks already were predicting that I pass over the TC trophy to him next year. I’d be glad to, but I might look to put a dent in that.
The shoes are the reason the record was not broken at Berlin.
Ya’ gotta love Aish’s honesty. “Not finishing the Leadville 100 was a huge blow and to be honest, had me questioning if I really wanted to keep running. The problem with putting all your eggs in one basket is that if things don’t go to plan, your kind of left in no man’s land of what to do next. I had travelled up to the mountains just about every week from the beginning of June to train, and as far as my lead up races went it showed I was in pretty good shape. I had focused well on the task at hand and worked my ass off to get to Leadville as prepared as possible. There was only one plan and that was to win or to make it as painful as I could for anyone to beat me. So much for that plan…”
Some shots from the kids from Pat Patten:


Midday – an easy forty something minutes.
Later in the afternoon – with Bob, downloading a backlog of #GOM rants … topics covered included age grading of races, negative splits, NCAA XC, performance curves over time, and future plans. An hour well spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment