This is a crack up – a Southie goes fishing.
I was out jogging and the HS XC team rolled me up. So I ran with them. I am not sure this was smart but it sure felt good. Well good in the head and the heart but the pins were not particularly stoked about it. They had 10 x 400 on a progression and I did about a half dozen.
I have clearly moved into running in a space where I ought not to be. I am not recovered from Leadville in some regards. My legs just feel stale and I can tell it is the left overs from that event. But I sort of don’t give a crap on days like today. I like to run. I realize it is not necessarily meaning I am doing the best thing for recovery. Neither is all the beer I am drinking these days.
"I still think Joe is on something. My buddy had a girlfriend who would go ON AND ON about how much she hated cheating and people being dishonest. She was riding her teacher's bologna."
ReplyDeleteYa gotta love the MB on LR.
DeleteYea, that "riding the teacher's bologna" is one I'll be looking to use whenever I can.
ReplyDeleteHas no one brought up that it was redone between the records?
ReplyDeleteThere has been some chatter on that ... but as you are aware such items get little consideration in the MUT world. I mean the Leadville course is different than what it was when Carpenter set it too ... is it now faster or slower?
DeleteIt is probably fair to assume that Joe's run is on a faster incline, but we will never know by how much ...
Considering how much the ultra community likes to voice their opinions, I am surprised that course changes are not really considered when it comes to records.
Delete