Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday 13DEC2015

Boring posts here for a bit.  Training to train, or getting ready to get ready  … well, it is the work you do but it ain’t too exciting.

10.4 miles with over a handful fartlek efforts thrown in there to keep me thinking about it. The efforts were at that hard but just beyond a little comfortable pace, simply because I don’t work there too much these days and I should.  It ain’t MAF, but I as I have close to 20k miles since the start of this decade, I probably don’t need to work the base a lot. 

In the last mile, I used the metronome on the phone to see if I could start to train up my cadence some (thanks Alex).  I found the 180 to be a bit boggling to listen to so I switched to down to 90 and just did single foot counts that way.  It is a touch quicker than what I do but not much … but I think my cadence is really slowing as I tire (and so I was not really encountering that today).  I will continue to play with this.  But listening to a metronome is about as boring as it gets in the earbuds.

74 plus miles on the week – my biggest week since Leadville and while I didn’t feel magically great, it was the best I have felt in a while.  Running with people certainly helped.  My goal this week was to explore if I could get this sort of basic habit done.  I realize I need to get into a bunch of other basic habits … like getting at it 2-3 times a week (frankly screwing around for 30 miles a week or a 100 miles a week with all easy running is not doing crap for me to get much faster), doing some strength work (which was not a basic habit in my 20s because it was not needed but it has become more a requirement in this fifth decade of life), consideration of diet etc.  I’ll see if I can build on this.  Cuz – sometimes, like this guy sez, you just need to get it done. 

Love Charles or hate him … “your life sucks”

Still need to catch up on these results.

No comments:

Post a Comment