Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wednesday 09DEC2015

Wait – an emotional support pet tarantula? 

Bob corrected me – Thweat is not expected to compete in the OT Marathon.  I am not sure if I really buy that though.  Meaning I would not be surprised to see her line up for the race.  LR also has a good write up on if Rupp will run in the Trials.

Lance is a lightning rod figure.  Folks seem to love him or hate him.  I will listen to this latest interview, (thanks for the tip JV) where Lance apparently hints at wanting to run an ultra.  His story adds an interesting wrinkle to the PEDs-bans discussion … do you keep a guy banned for life even if it is a different sport and their chance of winning (not earning) money is a non-issue?  There are a few challenges in the doping conversation:  are substances like steroids, HGH and EPO the same as stimulants as caffeine?  do you think a person gains a lifetime bump in performance with the taking of certain substances?  should there be allowances for the taking of certain substances to get to some so called healthy level?  how do you account for the accidental taking of a substance (or someone slipped a substance supposedly)?  does the ban from a sport mean the ban from all other sports?  It is a bunch of lines and boundaries that ultimately we draw …There is also some interesting reading from Canova on doping. 

Good post but I probably would have titled it “you ain’t entitled to sh*t.”

Look out Broomstock
IMG_5824

A flippin 60 dollar lighter I saw today …IMG_5827
And I got my calendar from Cork in the mail today.
IMG_5825

The HTT podcast with Jimmy Fallon and the Adam and Drew cast with Paul Mecurio were today’s listening – and good.  Today’s run was a slog.  I just felt like crap from step one, but I was not interested in making excuses today and so I just hacked through it.  I realize there is that mindset you need to listen to your body and all, but sometimes, if you want to improve, or even maintain, you need to not listen to your body … because sometimes your body wants to be lazy.

It was windy.  I usually hate the wind on runs and do what I can to avoid it but it was just one of those days where there was no dodging it.  I thought I had got away with it as I passed a flag pole while heading east and the flag was completely relaxed.  As I came back 10 minutes later heading west it was fully furled … the winds had picked up.  I decided I’d just enjoy that it was a warm wind – and not the biting chilly stuff that we are sure to still get this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment