Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sunday 06FEB2017 Week in review

Picked up some new shoes for JZ over at Flatirons today.  JZ has a driver’s license with still that new smell so I let him drive home by himself from there and I ran home.  This used to be a bigger deal but now with the 36 bike path in place it is a pretty simple run.  I spun out at the mall onto the Carolyn Holmberg and Ruth Roberts open spaces to bump it to 13.7 miles in 1:40.  Not a huge run, but the biggest I have had in a bit (can’t really count the Solstice Slog) at a fair pace.

It was not a good week of training but it was not bad either.  I got the expected mileage (70.5) and some turn over work but I failed to get in a good tempo run.  I sort of fudged that a bit today by clipping along some spurts of sub sevens but nothing really came of it. 

The next two weeks will be a training challenge:  I’ll be back to my job road warrior self for a bit and so I will be fighting for available time, day light and energy to get some running in.

No comments:

Post a Comment