Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wednesday 08FEB2017

AM – as I have learned to expect, day 2 of travel is always a bit tougher for the run.  I used to think that I’d be better adjusted with a day under my belt, but I actually tend to be in a better groove when I first arrive, and then hit a bit of a lull. 

So, I was slow to rise this AM.  The fog and dark didn’t make it easier but the warmer temps were still welcomed.  I drew a bit of motivation seeing a person running around the parking lot (the options immediately from the hotel are limited) and then a couple of guys doing burpees and bear crawls on a nearby driveway.  5.2 miles – real easy and slow.

Post the day at the facility … and yup, that day 2 feeling had really hit:  a bit tired, a bit dehydrated and just worked even though I had not done much physically … just the nature of the travel beast.  I got out after the work day and got in another 6.1 around the parking lots of the speedway. 

Image may contain: plant, sky, tree, outdoor and nature

3 comments:

  1. You are motivated.
    You have to battle any wind down there? I know wind was an issue in Virginia today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some winds Thursday AM. Significant for the area I guess but compared to some of the typical stuff we have had to deal with in CO, no biggie.

      Delete
  2. Whenever I tell my dad we're to have 45 mph gusts here he says that's just a breeze in Flagstaff.

    ReplyDelete