Monday, January 28, 2019

Monday 28JAN2019

True qualification lists are up for Pikes.  I start eyeballing these lists.  Knee jerk reaction is a bit of surprise at how few are listed having qualified with a Pikes marathon – but a road marathon or the Ascent.  Of course, I fall into that category at this point too. 

Admittedly, it is a bit hard for me to imagine grinding up and crashing down that mountain right now.  My “training” seems so far from that.  I am not feeling particularly fit or strong, physically or mentally, especially coming off that sickness.  The right foot is still a problem.  I know there is a long haul to go, but I’d sure welcome being in a bit of a better spot than I am at this point.

Yesterday I got back from Okpik and had intentions to run, but I ended up napping on the couch instead.  I get it … it is easy to say, “hey you were just gonna slog five miles anyway and not get anything really out of it so the nap was better.”  And that is right.  But it is also right that sometimes getting out and getting that slog five in and grinding through can make a bit of a difference.  And a lot of little bits can make for a big bit. 

3.3 miles this AM.  We were supposed to get an inch of the white stuff so it seemed like folks were caught off guard with this morning’s drop. 
I was first out before the plows on the paths.  Once one of them made a pass, it was clear to me how much the ankle deep stuff snow had an effect on pace.  For the same effort (easy) I went from 10:30 to 8:30 pace. 
IMG_6226_thumb1[3]IMG_6227_thumb2[3]

Afternoon – 7 miles on the Sterns Lake loop.  Snowy.

IMG_6233IMG_6240IMG_6237IMG_6236

3 comments:

  1. Really Enjoying All The Photos Lately - Thanx For Sharing

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Livewriter is being a bit of a PITA (actually I think its Google Photos) with images lately so there may be some gaps.

      Delete
  2. Great post, I think we can all relate!

    ReplyDelete