Monday, December 23, 2019

Week ending 22DEC2019

Good week. 
MON – 6.1 miles
TUE – 10.6 miles.  With Gabby and Greg and actually did some quality (first time in 2 and a half months).  It was just 6 x 90 seconds on equal rest but it was good to be moving a bit again. 
WED – AM 6.4 miles, PM – 3.7 miles
THU – 10 miles
FRI – 8.4 miles in the AM with practice, another 3.2 in the afternoon.  AM session started with a part of a workout for Braun so it had some faster stuff in it. 
SAT 10.1 miles with practice
SUN – 8 miles with JV over Sanitas and Anemone.  Over 2000 vertical – which is a lot for me these days. 
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, mountain, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: outdoor and nature
Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, mountain, outdoor and nature
60 something plus on the miles this week, with some workout stuff in there and a good climb.  Clawing along I guess. 
Sort of a big music week for me.  Had a lengthy practice on Sunday afternoon and another Tuesday.  Gearing up for a show on the 27th – one where I will actually be in full with the band this go around so there is a fair amount of prep to be sure I know the pieces.  


Thursday night Rails End hosted another open mic night.  I did four tunes – almost all of them were an on-the-fly call as I got up there.  The guy before me did all quiet tunes so I felt compelled to shift it up to see if I could get the audience going.  Did Post Malone’s “Better Now,” The Violent Femmes “Blister in the Sun,” Caamp’s “By and By,” and finished with “Squeezebox” by the Who.  A guy jumped on the drum kit with that tune and so that was fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Dig The Photos - Stoked For Ya Regarding The Open Mic Action - Animal On The Drums - Brilliant

    Stay Strong Brother
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete