Sunday, December 29, 2019

Week ending 29DEC2019

Fair week given the holidays and the skid on the weather over the weekend.  Still dealing with the Achilles at some level but mostly choosing to ignore it. 
MON AM – 6 miles with the kiddos (well sorta, I watch them go and then I run far behind them).
MON PM – went to jog along the ditch and the Mooney’s were at the track.  I jumped in helping Meghan with her workout, which meant some 300s and 200s for me at 79-80 second pace (she was doing Ks).  Warmed down with her for 5 miles.
TUE AM – a bit chilly but Greg and I got in 7.2 miles, with 6 x 2 minute pickups at 5k effort.  

WED AM – 8.5 miles.  Christmas Day and I was dragging in the afternoon.  It started super warm for the time of the year and I actually took the shirt off for a bit.  15 minutes later it was spitting flurry snow and the temps had dropped 20 degrees. 

THU AM – 6.2 miles with Greg in some fog and a bit of snow.  About an hour later did some with TZ and then LZ for another four plus.

FRI AM – 7 miles with Greg with the kiddos and practice
SAT AM – we were supposed to have an Alumni run for the XC team but about a half dozen inches of snow came blasting in on the overnight and we decided to postpone it.  Greg and I got out for a bit though.  6.3 miles – super easy in the slip. 
SAT PM - still snowing at a good clip. Another 4.1
SUN - mid day:  jogged with TZ to meet JZ and Greg and then ran with them.  10.2 miles.
Image may contain: one or more people, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Friday night I did a gig with Jim, Charles, Steve and Ty.  It was an acoustic show (no drums or bass) of sorts (we did have Jim doing the keys) over at Satire Brewing.  It was fun.  We made a ton of mistakes but it was the first time the five of us were in the same location for this gig specifically (someone was always missing).  We did close to 30 songs.  Here are some pix, and video of Ty and I doing Stapleton’s “Either Way.”
Image may contain: one or more people
Image may contain: 1 person, indoor
Image may contain: Jim Wheeler, standing
Image may contain: 1 person, guitar and indoorImage may contain: 1 person, indoor
Admittedly, I am finding myself more and more jazzed about music.  Last night’s gig got me feeling fired up the way I used to post a race – where I was thinking about the next thing – the next project.  Looking forward to doing a few different things in 2020. 


2 comments:

  1. Dig These BLK & White Shots And Congrats Brother!!

    Way Cool Setlist And Had No Clue Just How Extensive Your Repertoire Has Become

    Well Done And Stay Strong,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - thanks for the kind words. Hope our path actually get to cross in person in 2020.

      Delete