Sunday, December 1, 2019

Week ending 01DEC2019

Some of the work from last week and corrective action I have been taking on the Achilles seems to be lending to it taking a turn.  It still ain’t great but it is getting better slowly.  I’d probably be fine if I took a full week or two off of running altogether but that is unlikely – there is just too many fine places to jog.
I realized again this week I have become that old guy that jogs all the time.  That guy.  It ain’t entirely a bad thing but there is a dim recognition that I once looked at guys like that and wondered what the hell they are thinking when it came to them running as they did.  I am not sure what they were thinking about but I am thinking now that I am glad I can still do it, and I revel in the few times where I can get to where it seems the wind by the ears moves more quickly because of what I am doing with my legs.
It was a bit of tougher week of running at home – the big snow early in the week saw to that and then locked the streets in with large amounts of ice and slush for the coming days. 
Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, snow, outdoor and nature
I escaped later in the week to Galway, Ireland – a new location for me on the Emerald Isle. 
Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, twilight, grass, outdoor, nature and water
Spent Saturday evening walking the streets of Galway until I couldn’t take the cold any longer. 
Image may contain: 1 person, indoor
Image may contain: 1 person
MON – 6.2 miles in the AM, 4 miles in the PM
TUE – 8.5 miles in the PM
WED -  8.6 miles, mid day
THU – 7 miles mid day
FRI – 9 miles
SAT – traveled to Ireland, 7 miles when I got there
SUN – 11.8 miles jogging around and exploring Galway.
Image may contain: sky, tree, plant, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, bridge, outdoor, water and nature
Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, outdoor, water and nature
The week ended up at 62 miles – which ain’t bad as of late.  Not a lick of quality though (and none since the end of September) and I doubt I’ll do much of that until this rubber band on the heel gets right.  November becomes my lowest month of miles on the year with the injury and the travel and the holidays and the excuses.

1 comment:

  1. I'm as old as you. Some advice:

    1. Yes, you are old. Jog is the lion's part of your runs, till the end.

    2. Don't put too much stock in the weekly mileage anymore. Start controlling your cortisol output instead. Quality vs quantity.

    3. Start taking crosstraining seriously. Weights, weights, weights, you get it.

    ReplyDelete