Monday, March 2, 2020

Week ending 01MAR2020

Monday AM - in Melbourne.  Flat as a pancake.  I got a whole 8 feet over the 10 miles yesterday.  Same thing today - 7.7 miles slow to start and in the dark.  Tired legs for sure.
Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, ocean, outdoor and nature

Monday evening - 3.6 easy but quicker than the morning.
Image may contain: sky, tree, night, outdoor and nature

Tuesday AM - 8 miles with 10 x 2 minutes on, 1 minute off.
Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Wednesday AM - slow to rise this AM and fairly dead legged.  8 miles easy.
Image may contain: cloud, sky, tree, outdoor, nature and water
Wednesday PM - 3 miles.  Felt a bit better but still worked.

Thursday - tired and slow to get up.  4.1 miles and that was it for the day before a full day at the office and traveling back to Colorado.
Image may contain: tree, plant, night, outdoor and nature

Friday - 5.3 with Greg in the AM
In the afternoon - 5.2, feeling pretty good.  Headed off to Tahosa for the afternoon Okpik.

Okpik weekend is a bit of a no run weekend for me.  It is such a butt kicker with the snow, the cold, the work, the altitude ...
Image may contain: sky, snow, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: tree, sky, snow, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, snow, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, cloud, sky, sunglasses, outdoor and closeup

So no miles on Saturday, the day to finish February (which was 296.7 miles, 39.83 hours, a very low 8600 plus feet (travel hit that hard), with 9 days of business travel, 1 day off from running - the previously mentioned Okpik).

Sunday - 10.1 miles.  Not pretty but felt good mentally to get it done.
Image may contain: sky, house, tree and outdoor

On the year - 573.7 miles, 77.97 hours and 18964 feet - all over 81 runs, 2 run days off.  On whole I feel a good start to the year in prep for a Pikes run ... need to keep at the longer day every week or two and start to nudge up the vertical more.  Not surprisingly, I feel fresher in a weird way when I run more - to some end.  If I back the long day and a quality day, I tend to feel that way more over the next four or five days than if they are even spaced apart by an extra day.  And I feel better on whole than I do with a down week (like this week - 55 miles).

Oh yeah, word came back that the polyp removed in the colonoscopy was benign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment