Sunday, March 8, 2020

Week ending 08MAR2020

Monday AM - 4 miles in the snow with Greg.
Image may contain: tree, sky, snow and outdoor
PM - 6 miles SLOW and heavy legged with the Eagles.  Gym work post.

Tuesday - 11.5 miles with GW before practice that included 2 at 6:30 pace, up and down Main Street.  Didn't feel great but it made for some hard breathing.

Wednesday AM - 7.4, most of it with Braun, jogging through the Commons.
PM - a couple of easy miles with the kids at practice

Wednesday night I headed down to Rickoli for a new open mic.  Sean encouraged me to do it.  Each of these mics have their own scene ... and this one was a bit more mellow and the mic was pretty hot.  I got on and did "All the Debts I Owe" and the G-string broke about half way thru the tune.  I pushed on but it was flipping my head a bit - this had never happened.  Sean lent me his guitar after that and I did "Teenage Anarchist."  I then invited Sean up and he played sax on "Green and Dumb" and I really enjoyed it.  I finished with "Americano."  I had never done that one on a mic before.
No photo description available.

Afterwards a guy came up to me and said he enjoyed the third tune the best because that was the one my vocals were good on.  I could dismiss it, because he was a bit drunk, but there was some truth in it.  I was most relaxed and not pushing the vocals on that.  I am still trying too hard on some of the singing ... like I am trying to sing with Creed or something.  On Saturday night (later in the week), I seemed to find a relaxed voice that I felt better about.  I think I might be finally turning a corner on this.

Sean of course was amazing.


Thursday AM - 7.3 miles with Bob on the Coal Creek Trail.  Good to catch up with him.
Thursday PM - 4 miles, jogging with Greg as a part of practice

Friday mid day - 4.1 miles along the ditch.  Sun out gun out sort of day.
Image may contain: one or more people, shoes, night and outdoor
Friday practice - 6.1 miles, most of it with Greg.  Gym work, including 3 x 10 pull ups.

Saturday - 3.2 miles as a jog around with the coaches before the kids did their mile time trial (kick off of spring track competition)
Later in the afternoon - another 6.8 miles, easy but fell into sub 8s.
Image may contain: sky, cloud, nature and outdoor
Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Sunday - met up with Greg and got in 15 (he did a bit more, I was a bit schedule constrained).  I opened jogging over there with an 8:51 but then fell into sub 7:30s, even clicking a few 7:10s and a sub 7 occasionally.  Good longer run for me.

77.5 on the week - but a lot of runs - an outcome of practice, a busy at home work week.  On whole a solid week for me ... expecting the travel to CA next week to be a bit of a blip but will see what we can grind out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment