Not a ton of new stuff to report. The ankle is slllllooooowly getting better. But I can feel its crankiness in there as I turn it certain ways. I am contemplating now if I am just being soft or perhaps being smart to let it heal. I am now also telling myself that this sort of recovery would also be what I'd be dealing with if I had a surgery.
But coming up on 2 months without running.
Admittedly it is a bit depressing. I had somebody tell me today they ran 13 miles this morning. They also proceeded to tell me that they did it in 90 minutes. Given the guy is in his 60s, several 10s of lbs overweight and also said he had a bad leg and did it in bad shoes, I wanted to call him a liar. Of course I didn't, but I was a bit bummed to even be thinking about it. I was considering jogging the infield a bit today to see where I was at because of it. But I will wait.
So, biking of course. Nothing stupid big. A 20 mile ride is about as much as I go. The rain lately makes that a bit of a challenge but I even have been doing that.
Saturday was Denver Day of Rock. So - it was Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers of course. And I was front rowing it with the other crazys.
Afternoon addendum - 10 mile plus ride until the t-storms blew in. And then I was at the track and did core for a bit and jogged 1 mile really slowly on the turf.
No comments:
Post a Comment