Saturday found me up in Fairplay. I got out for a short jaunt on the Ponderosa Mine loop. Just four miles but the altitude was a bit of an arse kicker for me.
I checked in with Shad who is up there training for HR. He had just done 25 miles over Elbert and Massive, with some 9k of vertical. Damn. He is fit.
I found myself suddenly a bit jealous. It came with seeing results from local miles, the WS results and chatting with Shad. Racing, that sort of fitness ... it all seemed so far away.
But that is because of choices I havc made.
So back to choosing.
Sunday I headed over to NCAR. I got out on the Mesa Trail. I wanted to do some trail running, but with the intent of getting in more of a run this week than last week's run on Green. 7.2 miles with about 1300 of climb.
A good week for me for where I am: near 45 miles, a session on the trails, a day at altitude, a run with some pickups. The ankle maintains some degree of manageable soreness, more so on the technical trails. I definitely am still way less capable on downhill running, so will look to poke at that some. Next week - just keep inching on building on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment