Who, if anyone, will leverage this option in the next 14 days?
I got to ask as I keeping hearing songs of certain folks coming out of their secret training ... I really have no idea if it is true or not. It would be absolutely epic.
Well I just scanned the winners back through 2000 of the Ascent and Marathon.
Simon Guiterrez is already registered (predicting a blazing 2:10).
Matt Carpenter is already registered for the marathon (predicting a blazing 3:33).
The other winners of the races in the last 8 years who are not listed as having registered are: Scott Elliott Ryan Hafer Galen Burrell (I think he counts by default because he was 2nd one year when the winner cut corners and his time was disqualified.) Jesse Rickert Stephen Smalzel Jeremy Wright Fulvio Depit
I heard Galen was in Australia but yes he did win in that year you refer to due to the course cut by the "winner" (he claims he did not know ... an open courses are common in Europe)
Unfortunately, Jeremy W was killed in Afghanistan severl years ago.
By the way, dig the "He does more mileage than you" link for Tony K. Did you catch a few weeks back that in one seven day period he did 260+ miles?
I also read on Jamie Donaldson's (recent Badwater record setter) blog or it may have been on the Badwater youtube video that she did six 200+ mile weeks in a row.
Sadly, GZ is doing more mileage than Tony right now. While Angela just posted about finding balance with the triathlon as opposed to working/training/studying/etc, sounds like Anton is going the opposite way and looking forward to having other activities give him his balance. Interesting contrast, but hopefully it's what works best for each of them.
Well I just scanned the winners back through 2000 of the Ascent and Marathon.
ReplyDeleteSimon Guiterrez is already registered (predicting a blazing 2:10).
Matt Carpenter is already registered for the marathon (predicting a blazing 3:33).
The other winners of the races in the last 8 years who are not listed as having registered are:
Scott Elliott
Ryan Hafer
Galen Burrell (I think he counts by default because he was 2nd one year when the winner cut corners and his time was disqualified.)
Jesse Rickert
Stephen Smalzel
Jeremy Wright
Fulvio Depit
I heard Galen was in Australia but yes he did win in that year you refer to due to the course cut by the "winner" (he claims he did not know ... an open courses are common in Europe)
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, Jeremy W was killed in Afghanistan severl years ago.
I also noticed Matt Carpenter had predicted the odd time of 3:33:06 for the marathon.
ReplyDeleteI went here: http://www.skyrunner.com/search/find.asp?Last=Carpenter&MI=%20&First=Matt
and I'm not sure the significance, but his current 2nd fastest marathon ever was 3:33:07...so this would set a new 2nd fastest time for him.
i would contribute to the speculation. but i know nothing about this stuff...
ReplyDeletejust saying hi...and i voted! double double!
Hi Beth. How's the new roommate?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, dig the "He does more mileage than you" link for Tony K. Did you catch a few weeks back that in one seven day period he did 260+ miles?
ReplyDeleteI also read on Jamie Donaldson's (recent Badwater record setter) blog or it may have been on the Badwater youtube video that she did six 200+ mile weeks in a row.
Yeah ... big stuff. Anton is dealing with a nueroma now though. Hope he gets healthy soon.
ReplyDeleteSadly, GZ is doing more mileage than Tony right now. While Angela just posted about finding balance with the triathlon as opposed to working/training/studying/etc, sounds like Anton is going the opposite way and looking forward to having other activities give him his balance. Interesting contrast, but hopefully it's what works best for each of them.
ReplyDelete