I confess, I got a bit worried yesterday. I felt like absolutely crud. Not like sick but deeply tired. I started thinking maybe I had pushed it a bit too far on Wednesday. My legs were lead and that made my head start to play some games with me. I had to do some self talk and tell myself, "all cool brother GZ, this is what you are supposed to feel like on a recovery day after a hard workout."
And I felt better today. Well mostly. Still a bit in the hole but much much better. So, it was back to work. Lindens.
Last time I averaged 4:13, and started way too fast so I wanted to improve on that. After the typical warmup (although that was about 2 min quicker, I guess it was about 5-10 degrees cooler this week) ... 4:12, 4;07, 4:06, 4:05, 4:02. Rests were about 5-6 minutes and I took them really casually, focusing on the repeat piece. So the average of the repeat came along nicely (about a six second improvement) and I ran these much smarter. Being cooler helped (although it was still high 80s), and these just felt better. Yeah, I was still blubbery at the end, and I threw up the water I took in the middle, but I felt better doing it. Figure that out. Not bad for not feeling super zippy.
Finished off with four of the uphill strides, 72 mins on the day. Probably will hit the high country this weekend. Next time I go at this workout, I am going to look to do a bring the rest down a bit, keep it more active. I got the idea that this loop would make for a dang good up down tempo run, with each loop looking to be progressively faster than that last. Put that one in the books for a future date.
No comments:
Post a Comment