- KZ got back from a week long plus river rafting trip. Her adventures sound amazing. We missed her, are glad she is back, are proud of how she just gobbled up this experience.
- On the food front, one of my fav dinners as of late is something we call "Pasta Afrikanar." We did not name this dish - but got the rudimentary recipe from Runar Holm when he stayed with us in Nederland years ago. Basically it is angel hair pasta, covered in a curry sauce (cook down a flour, milk mix with curry to taste), add cooked broccoli, peanuts, pineapple. We typically also add grilled chicken.
- Also having been making some home made salsa. I used to always blend this stuff, but lately I just keep it all chunky. Chop up tomatoes, tomatillos, white onion, mushroom, carrot, cilantro in whatever proportions suite you and look right. Squeeze some lime over all of it. Enjoy. Typically after the first chip, TZ fires up the blender for a marg (I will too come 5 weeks from now).
- I have given a lot of thought to the Ascent-Marathon double or just the Marathon. I have decided that I will ... wait to decide.
- I am thinking I want to have some sort of blogosphere gathering down in Manitou come race weekend. Probably around one of the spag dinners, so we can meet, share the dreams before the race starts, and put faces to names.
- I can't believe my kids start school in four weeks. I might need to boycott that and just take them to the Grand Canyon for a week instead.
- I realize a part of my training I have not really dialed in is the taper. I will definitely look to get to altitude a lot in the next month, at least as much as my conscience will allow it. This was some council I received for a taper for last year (below). Funny, last year it seemed like too much for me. This year, it seems right on the money. Feedback welcomed.
Tue -- AM easy, PM easy w/strides. Total ~10-14 miles.
Wed -- AM easy, PM tempo. Total ~8-12 miles.
Thu -- AM off, PM easy w/strides. Total ~6-9 miles.
Fri -- AM easy, PM long hills, at least 4:00 each. Total ~8-12 miles.
Sat -- AM off, PM easy @ elevation. Total ~7-11 miles.
Sun -- AM elevation up/down/up, preferably on Pikes. Total ~19 miles.
Mon -- AM off, PM easy w/strides. Total ~3-5 miles.
Tue -- AM easy, PM easy w/strides. Total ~7-10 miles.
Wed -- AM easy, PM hilly fartlek w/strides. Total ~7-10 miles.
Thu -- AM off, PM easy w/strides. Total ~3-5 miles.
Fri -- AM easy, PM off. Total ~2-4 miles. You are done. EAT!!!
Sat -- AM off, PM off.
Sun -- AM bust it up & down!
you are continuing to get some solid work done! i say that you live large and do the double;)
ReplyDeletei also cannot believe that school starts so soon - where has summer gone? glad to hear that your daughter had a good time on her trip.