First day of July ... summer keeps on ticking on through. My posts are tending to ramble a lot lately. And that is because there is a lot of noise, rambling in my head about how fit I am, how fit I am not, hill workouts, track workouts, long runs, strengths, weaknesses, etc. I don't expect anyone to read this, except me someday to recall what my frame of mind and body was at this time.
I was really tired last night. Suddenly the effort in the heat hit me and I had that deep fatigued feeling. A cooling shower and the rack did the trick for me.
My Achilles have been a bit tight ... all I can say is, "never ever put your foot in a lawn mower kids. (see picture on top of blog for the outcome)" I wake up in the AM, gimp to the potty, then to the coffee machine, achingly put on my shoes ... the first mile I look like I am crippled. Then things warm up and I am fine.
I trolled over some of my logs from last year today, looking for what I was doing right and more importantly, what I was doing wrong. I think one of the things I could end up doing wrong (and yes, I have said this before but I need to keep saying it because I am a slow learner) is doing too much on my easy days in the pursuit of some volume of training for a week. I need to turn that corner and get it to where I am comfortable now in drilling on the hard days and going super easy on the light days. This next four weeks are very important to prepping me to be ready for Pikes - regardless of what I do.
... that said I feel that I am doing stuff everyday that is advancing my fitness ... destroying me a bit but in a way that I survive to make me stronger in the bigger picture. This is a bit of edge city, because if I go over the line I could tumble. I want to keep ramping it up, so that come 46 days from now I am ready to explode (in a positive way).
I am having second thoughts on trucking up to Audubon tomorrow. I might join the BTRer folks at 0530 for a longish run instead (a bit lazy to drive that far I guess).
AM - an easy 35 minutes on the "Parade of Homes" loop.
PM - 45 minutes easy on the Westminster hills open space.
Headed to the Rox game (Rox versus the Padres). A few shots ... Cooke threw a five hit complete game shutout with 4Ks.
We shot our wad in game one. Despite the finish to last season with the NL West's stock soaring, the West stinks, I'm afraid. What's wrong with your Rox? I could write a looong post diagnosing the Padres' ills.
ReplyDelete(briefly ...) ... Pitching has gone to pot (other than Cooke) (particularly in the pen) and the bats are cold, particularly with runners in scoring position. That and a few injuries (Tulo ... although Cooke has a better batting average than him!) ... really, it is no surprise. The Rox were like this most of the season last year but there is so much parity in the West that they were able to stay in it last year. Then they got uncanny hot and made a run unlike we have seen in decades. I was hoping for a better WS with the Sox, to make a game of it ... but I was not surprised.
ReplyDelete