Saturday, October 4, 2008

Friday 100308

I have been feeling off all week.  Not a big deal but since the stomach thing on Wednesday, I have been in a bit of a spin.   Tired.  Slow.  Bit achey.  And my stomach has been pretty pissed off.  TG and I have talked about how sometimes your fitness seems to be spiraling up, sometimes down ... in the micro sense of anyone run or workout.  You need to keep your eye on the big picture, ala dynamic meta-stable equilibrium of how you are actually trending.

In any case, given how I felt, a race tomorrow, work obligations, family obligations, I decided to take the day off.

Making such a decision tends to drive me a little nuts.  I get a little obsessive about mile totals, minute totals, big picture development, worrying about how disciplined I am, etc.  I know this game well enough that it is not that big a deal ... but it is the coming to terms with whether I am deciding it or if I am letting it be decided for me or via a weakness in me that causes mental cycles.  I question  my resolve.

Various ...

No comments:

Post a Comment