Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday 102008

DUDE!  I was yapping via IM with Brett from Zen and the Art of Triathlon yesterday.  I was trying to talk him into doing Pikes, andP8170025 sent him a couple of pix.  So today, his podcast has me as the album art.  Damn!  Blog magic I guess ... This might be the best looking shot of me ever.  I the guy in the orange.  Really!  Brett - rock the Ragnar man.

My gut was a complete mess today.  I think I must have killed several cube mates.  I felt like *** and I smelled like it too.

Side note ... Facebook ... okay ... I am still not sure about this whole thing.

Anyway, I decided to head into Eldorado again today (even though I was there yesterday) to continue exploring this area a bit more.  Some pix ...

Driving into Eldo.  It is only about 15 minutes from my office.

PA200088

Justin was talking about his route into the Eldo Park.   I use a different connector in.  In this shot, you can see the one of the rock gate entrances to Eldo.  To the left, in the picture, there is a trail that goes up off the driveway that is there.  I park a few hundred yards up, and take this trail up to Fowler.

PA200089

The approach on Fowler has some epic views.

PA200090

After I started heading up the Rattle Snake Gulch trail, I heard the train coming through.  You can see it up high.

PA200091PA200094 

PA200100

Near the trail's top, there are some tunnels for the train.  I have been re-reading the Hobbit, and Lord of the Rings as of late.  This has a Moria like feel for me.  Additionally, there are all sorts of odd pipes in the woods, with odd doors (but you can't get in ... which is probably good)

PA200092

PA200093

PA200099 

65 minutes in the cool of the late afternoon.  8 miles and all recovery.  After I explored this trail for a bit, I tried looping through the north end of Eldorado itself (the town) looking for where the old Mesa trail came in.  I could not find it and did not want to bushwhack on anyone's property to find it.  I will look for it from the north side, coming from the trail via the Sound of Music Canyon.

4 comments:

  1. Cracks me up, coincidentally I am listening to Zen right now and noticed the Zack in orange on Pikes picture. I really happened upon this randomly before I read this blog.

    Gotta love the Eldo thing, want to go up the namesake mountain again? I know you loved that so much ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Eldo is illegal so I would never do that. ;)

    Rattlesnake would make for a good tempo run up. Maybe do it twice for a solid hill workout.

    Do you know where the Mesa (old) connector comes in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moria? You mean Mordor?

    Sunday's run should be hard this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Moria. Like the Mine baby. The mine. Going to be out of town next week, including Sunday.

    ReplyDelete