Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday 041109

  • Rehab continues.  Each day is a bit better but not huge gains, but better.  Real easy miles, not pushing as things are still stiff.  Ran six solo and then added the dogs for a few more.  Running with the dogs is definitely slow.  AM - 72 min, 8.5 miles +
  • PM - on the mill, 5.5% grade, goofing off with paces.  4.5 miles, 36 minutes.  Things definitely feel better on the mill.  Feeling improved, but not really strong as I was.  That will come back.
  • JZ and I enjoyed a Rox game in the evening.  Unfortunately the Rox lost 8-4 to the Phils:  Myers pitched well while the Rox arms gave up 15 hits.  Side note:  when a batter comes up to bat, or a pitcher comes in, the PA plays a song for him.  It's "their" song to fire them and the crowd up.  When Speir came in for relief, his song was some Tool song (I don't know which one but it was Tool).  Made me think of you Lucho.

P4110019 P4110031P4110021 P4110022 P4110024

P4110023

P4110028

5 comments:

  1. You've probably seen Fitzgerald's post on training cycles. I think even Lucho's tuned-in to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah ... the M shaped taper. I also saw Jim Vance's recent post on it. I think that the taper is probably the hardest part of the training to figure out. At least for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. This one:

    http://mattfitzgerald.org/blog/?p=273

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah ... that is in my pile of entries to dig a bit more into. My (self centered) thoughts when I browsed it were: "I can't define a training plan right now. I need to get healthy first."

    ReplyDelete