Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday 040809

  • With the first step out of bed, I was evaluating.  Evaluating how my foot felt, how my scar felt, how my Achilles felt ... and trying to determine if I would attempt a run today or delay it another day.  Clearly, I was not 100 percent pain free, but I was in better shape than I had been for the last five or six days.  So I decided do a little test ... jogged three miles in 23 minutes.  The Achilles is a bit stiff, and a bit sore, but it seems to be on the mend.  But I have been fooled before.   And, yes - I tested this outside:  I had to, it was 70 degrees.  The temptation to go longer and harder is there, but the head over rode that ... It is hard for me to read this ... I don't expect to magically be pain free.  It is just hard for me to determine right now what is an acceptable level of pain - where I can start training (a bit) back on it again, versus it being debilitating (and not being able to train).  The proof will be in the reaction over the rest of the day ... and if I am gimping or not.
  • Hit the bike immediately after the run for 32 minutes.
  • Later in the PM did the bike for another 45 min.  Mixed 5 x 1 min 1 leg drills to break up the insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment