Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday 040509

  • Congrats to several racers - Justin Mock (putting up a solid 1/2 with a 73 and change, but running close to his 5k and 5mi PRs throughout, James Walsh (racing well on the MTB), JP Patrick (solid 5k!)- all fellow bloggers and guys are raising their game up.  Great work guys.
  • Additionally, the results for the American River 50 miler are up.  Congratulations to local Dave Mackey for taking the silver.  The WS100 is shaping up to be quite a race!  Congrats again to Dave (his prelim report)! 
  • Max King, AR50 winner, is one tough dude.  In 2006 I raced USATF XC in Van Cortland Park in New York City.  It was COLD, probably 10 degrees.  Everyone had hat, gloves, long sleeves, etc.  Max King raced in an outfit that looked like he was out for a summer road race and took third - beating everyone in the 12k that day except Ryan Hall and Jorge Torres. 
  • Scott Elliott continues his streak.  As of today, he is 95 days in a row of ascending Bear everyday.  Given some of the weather we have had - that is amazing!
  • Most of the day was lost in terms of training.  I got wrapped up in several kid / house / family projects.  The good news is that I ended up playing a good deal of music with my daughter, with her and her buddy singing for this gig they have coming up and me playing the guitar.  I have not played in a bit and actually felt it in the fingers some.
  • The scar tissue, as that is where the blister has burst on my foot was yelling most of the day.  I got in three miles on the mill - the scar on the foot bottom was yelling the entire time.  It seems that I got this because I had adjusted my stride with my Achilles issue, and then blistered up in an area that is normally very calloused for me (callous covering scar tissue).
  • Week in review ... a bit disappointing and ratting more of my head than my skeleton ... I just don't have the tires to run right now ... (feet).  It is is driving me a little nuts.  I am trying to rationalize it all in a variety of ways ...
    • M - 3 miles (25m), 7 miles (50m)
    • T - 11 miles (72:30m), upping pace .1 mph on 2 min
    • W - 8 miles (60m), 30 min stat bike
    • Th - 6 miles (39m), 5 miles (39 min), 15 min stat bike with tabata sprints
    • F - 60 min stat bike with tab sprints, 60 min stat bike with 7 x 3 min on, 1 min off, no running
    • Sa - 8 miles (60m), 4 miles (29m)
    • Su - 3 miles (23 m)
    • Whole week 397 minutes of running, plus 165 minutes of biking.  Sum exercise minutes are 562 minutes.   55 miles on week.  April - 34 miles, 250 minutes, Year 813 miles, 6027 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment