Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday 020110

I didn’t really catch onto this last night but in retrospect … I began to grump a bit, and I was eating the door off the fridge.  TZ looked at me and said, “hmm, maybe you ought to go to bed.”  I did but still had the idea today that I might get after a building – progression – tempo – threshold thing.  I got out and didn’t feel great but decided I’d give it the two mile rule before making a call.  Somewhere in that two miles it dawned on me that getting after it today was not going to go well (the strong winds out of the west may of helped), and that I might be feeling the load of the weekend a little bit.  Which is okay.  Changed plans and the route and went easy.  11 miles.

Listened to this decent podcast from Endurance Planet re: WS100… some slightly different insights there.

Think you are doing mileage?  Think again.  751 in a month?  Dang.

7 comments:

  1. You're pprobably going to be ready to get after one tomorrow; it's nice how your body can take care of that itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. And if not, then the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked back at my old training logs and I got 752 miles that month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on pace for 112,000' of vertical for the month of Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Rick...! Maybe you should be racing the Mt Everest Hill Climb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get two more cinder blocks under that thing and bring it to 35% grade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea 751 with 3 days off is averaging a marathon a day for the entire month...back to back to back to back to back to back to back to.......

    ReplyDelete