Half way through this run, I noticed I had quite the outfit on. Skins from Lucho, Pikes Peak
When I got these shoes from Mr Culpepper, he greeted me in his typical manner: friendly, and with two of his boys in tow. JZ was with me and he has been pretty atuned to the Olympics. I turned to JZ and mentioned that this guy had been on two Olympic teams. JZ looked at him wide eyed and said, "whoa!" Yeah, running can have its sports heroes too.
Evening - considered going out for a full moon run but the snow began to fly - so I went with the treadmill instead. 4 miles easy, 5 percent grade. This four miles was just for the stupid satisfaction of getting 300 miles on the month. 50 miles on the week, 300 on February, and 655 on the year. About 480 minutes of running on the week, plus the time on the bike. Year minutes are now 5446. Week was obviously a mess, down week given the calf.
Mt. Wash lotto opens tomorrow, you getting in?
ReplyDeleteWith PPM registration opening in two weeks and assuming it fills reasonably quickly, not much time to figure out your race plans, no?
I'm not going to try for Mt. Wash, just no appeal to me there.
GZ, Good to hear your calf is getting better. Just keep listening to your body it's usally right. I did that today and took the day off. You have to think long term and what's a few days off here and there. You have a solid base for sure.
ReplyDeleteBrad - thanks.
ReplyDeleteJustin ... yah, I am getting antsy in figuring out what I want to do. I go back and forth between trying to finally get Pikes right or taking a break and going to do Leadville. Will throw my name in the hat for MW. For the moment, I am content with getting healthy and wanting summer to get here so I can run the high ridges.
DOES THAT WORK? Holy crap!
ReplyDeleteI just put a bid on some Usain Bolt shoes on eBay. Dude selling says I will be fast as hell once I put these things on.
Mike S today said that he plans to get into Mt. Wash. He was 6th years back, so should get comped in. Look forward to seeing him mix it up there.
ReplyDeleteI expect PPM to be down this year with Carpenter and Parker potentially racing the big guns in PPA and TRR pulling others away. Parr may win PPM while doubling. Women's PPM will be way down with no Ortiz and probably no Nelson.
On your R2R2R, I was thinking of what other trips I want to take this year and I also want to get down there. I have a hard time wanting to run R2R2R though when Havasu Falls and Mooney Falls are a prettier option. Look at the Wikipedia page for Havasu Falls and check that stuff out, some of the prettiest sites in the US. Hoping to get back down there this fall.
I would expect Carpenter to head to PPA, but not sure about Parker. With Carpenter out, and Timmy P doubling, Parker could contend for the win. And maybe you move up to the podium?
ReplyDeleteI want to check out those other runs along the CO river as well ... just grabbing an opportunity here with some folks heading down.
PPM win time might not as fast this year if Carpenter doesn't run, but I expect the 3-7 to be much tighter than last year. I predict that third is gonna need a sub-4. I'm almost as psyched for PPM as I am for States. Bring On The Hill.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess we will begin to see with Pikes registration starting in a few weeks.
ReplyDeleteI'd expect you Nick in the mix as well.
But ... I have looked at start lists in April and have been convinced 10 guys are going under 4:10 ... and it just does not seem to work out that way. People don't make it to the line, or those who do don't have the races they could or should ...
Nick,
ReplyDeleteIronically, I'm more psyched for States than for PPM!