Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday 062411

We can all sleep easier now. In case you needed a visual.

10 miles, with 8 repeats on the local hill. Have not been here in a bit (actually at all this calendar year) and I felt it, as well as the load of vert from the recent days. 19:53 (was not sure if I’d break 20!) This ends a “phase” where I saw myself going after some vertical in the month of June. I have about 40k on the month – which I know is not a lot for some, but is about twice what I pulled in May.

A good Tweetmyer podcast interview … he thinks a 100 is harder than Ironman.

Irunfar interviews popping up for WS.

6 comments:

  1. Please note that I am not in jail as of today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I did SJS50 last year there were 3 Ironman triathletes from TX that came up to do the race. They even said that 50 was tougher than an Ironman.

    I guess its all relative though. There is always the Double Deca Ironman if you're bored: http://www.multisport.com.mx - 76km swim - 3600km bike ride - 844km run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 100 is definitely harder than an Ironman. No question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done an ironman but know guys in questionable shape who cruised through it in 14 or less hours. Ain't no faking a 100 mile run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I doubt I will ever do an Ironman, and I even question if I will do a 100. So I may never know.

    Heck, I have done some 800 meter races though that were harder than 20 mile runs.

    ReplyDelete