Okay, so I have been accused of being a sandbagger with my recent race predictions. Rather than fight city hall …
…you tell me what I will run for this 14.5 mile Mount Evans race. Closest (within a minute) wins. In 07 I ran 1:59 there. I don’t feel that fit, but hey … maybe it was a low pressure day there.
Winner gets a beer. That could be a Zackrabbit IPA, but I am not sure when I am brewing the next batch. Or it could be a bad batch, so you might not want it anyway. So it could be a PBR if you win and just feel cheap.
Also curious to what you’d predict for the winning time and (if it is different) for this guy.
10 miles on Lac Amora loop.
I will go with a 2:05 based on you saying you don't feel as fit, still a fast time though.
ReplyDeleteI plan on treating it as an easy long run since I did not train much in May so I will be up there about 40 mins after you.
1:58
ReplyDeletewinning 1:45
2:03. Have fun, and yes you did sandbag dirty thirty ;)
ReplyDelete2:00:35 Zackrabbit please.
ReplyDeleteI will go with 1:59 same time you posted this.
ReplyDeleteWhy is this thing making me sign up for blogger if I want to use my google account like always?!
ReplyDeleteWinning - 1:45
Lucho - 1:46:30
GZ - 2:02
If I were running - 5:15
I'll take your finest PBR.
GZ - 2:07
ReplyDelete1st - 1:48:30
Winner - 3" of fresh snow night before.
Shaun, I've had that problem posting comments for the past month, it's why I rarely post any these days. If you Google it, it's a known issue. When it kicks me back to the login screen, uncheck the "remember me" box and the comment seems to go through. That's the only way I've been able to get anything to work.
ReplyDeleteI'll give you 2:07. And if I lose then you give me double or nothing at horseshoes on Sunday and I buy you a sweet IPA or two. If I win then we play horseshoes on Sunday and I buy you a sweet IPA or three.
ReplyDeleteMe, 1:47. The winner 1:44 (Aaron Rubalcaba-Lopez)
Lucho ... I heard IPA blah blah blah IPA blah blah blah.
ReplyDeleteGZ - 2:01:xx, unless something happens and it requires snowshoes, then all bets are off ;-) From the looks of what Lucho does in training, I would say sub-1:50.
ReplyDeleteI'm changing my picks... Mario Macias will crush the field. If it's calm then 1:36, if it's windy then 1:42...
ReplyDeleteMe- 1:52. I woke up sick this morning.
I must be a sandbagger ... I was thinking 2:15 for me.
ReplyDeleteIn any case, it will be a good day to be out on the mountain, mixing it up with fellow spirits, and working hard up high.
The ZackRabbit ale yeast was pitched this AM.
Mario Macias...interesting. Still don't think he takes down MC's time, but sub-1:40 definitely seems doable. All bets are off above 12.5k, and nobody does it better than MC. Macias is the better runner, though, IMO.
ReplyDeleteGZ: 1:55.
Macias has 1:02 1/2 marathon speed and he lives at 7500ft in Alamosa. I don't know man. You're right though that at 12,000 ft when you blow you completely implode. If he's gunning for the record from the start then he risks blowing up for sure. And MC is definitely the Master of the high altitude domain but a few people think Evans is one of his softest records (WTF?), I wish I could run soft at that pace.
ReplyDeleteGz- 8:20 pace... that's 2:00. You can get close to that!
Oh this is getting sweet.
ReplyDeleteCarpenter had a 65 half and a 2:18 marathon. Without a doubt, his best record is PPM at 2:01, 3:16. Yeah, man crush.
Of course, the year before he passed out at the summit in the marathon after a 2:05 ascent.
Sub an hour at Mount Washington too ... but not the record there (that was J. Wyatt).
6:45 pace (ish) ...1:37. Come on Lucho, you can do 7 minute pace! (1:41)
I think the altitude is just too big an X factor for me to know. Here at 8000-9000ft I can nail sub 7's no problem... but tack on 4k and I have no idea. Tomorrow will be all by feel, no watch, trying to race who I can.
ReplyDelete2:04:57. I want a JackRabbit AND a PBR.
ReplyDelete2:15 GZ? For God's sake, I could run that. You best get 1:58 - I'm thirsty.
ReplyDeleteHey Footfeathers, I have know a strong mountain goat or two that has, for whatever reason, struggled to break 2:20 on that course.
ReplyDelete