AM – 6 miles. Had trouble getting up, so I had to make what I had of the time. Found a stretch of sidewalk between here (hotel) and Disney Hollywood. Did 5 x 4 minutes in there, with an attempt to pick it up the last minute of each. Humid as all Hades here. Dew point is over 70.
Workouts are clearly better when I do them with someone. I was working out there this AM, but it took me a bit more to get unraveled. Maybe that was the waking up too, or the humidity, but clearly I will get more out of a workout when going at it neck and neck with someone.
No downhills here like this.
PM – I have discovered I am essentially trapped on this island of Epcot land. I could get away running if I was willing to navigate some of the shoulderless roads-highways, but I am not really willing to do that in the dark. Ah well. 4 miles easy.
This is sweet! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat kid has to be half Ibex.
ReplyDeleteWish I had some suggestions for you in Orlando, but I was not running when I lived there. Nothing there is very pedestrian friendly. Running off road, it is all beach sand, snakes and vagrants.
And the humidity, you shower after a workout, but the shower just does not "take".
Humid? What's that?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your vacation down there...are there any trails nearby or is it all concrete?
Kilian would be arrested and put in jail over here for being off trail and erosion.
ReplyDeleteThe one ridge that KJ almost loses it on is incredible. I can't imagine running down that. Well, I can imagine it, but then I also imagine the ER visit that would follow (that almost happened to him).
ReplyDeleteHe truly combines his downhill skiing skills in there.
I am not finding any trails, and I am without a car, so I will take what I can get. All good.
Yeah it's pretty clear that the ski mountaineering comes in handy, isn't. You can see him picking out lines for his descent.
ReplyDeleteStill not sure if that sold any shoes though.
the Lazy Gator over in oviedo is an outstanding bar. Take a stick to fight away the alligators that are literally able to walk into the bar.
ReplyDeletealso, winter park is a fun spot to walk around.
i'm sorry, but the running near orlando is bad.
-pat.
Almost anyone who's run REAL mountain trails watches the Kilian video and is in awe. When I saw the ridge scene toward the end of the video, I couldn't believe my eyes. Maybe it was an optical illusion, but it looked like Kilian was running a thin ridge line with big drop-offs to either side. This guy's mountain running skills are off the charts.
ReplyDeleteWyatt
We need to get a group together and make some Kilian's Quest spoofs. We'll get JT on the summit drinking a PBR, you rocketing downhill into a superman fall, Brandon in the bushes wiping his butt...
ReplyDeleteP - I am trapped on this island of Disney without a car. I can only get off (running) if want to face highway traffic. ah well.
ReplyDeleteForests, Wyatt - yeah that ridge shot is pretty sick. He almost bites it but then pulls out of it. Pretty epic.
Justin - I am SO in for that vid.